This cake has become a fast favorite in our house and for everyone who has enjoyed it with us! We have made this a few times now and every time we exclaim and oooh and awwwwe about how much we love it!
Top 6 reasons you should make this cake!!
- No Oven!!! No baking on those hot summer days when you just can’t bear to be near the stove but you need to make something special!
- Only 2 ingredients!!!! Fist pump!!! I guess this doesn’t count decorations but that is up to you.
- Healthiest cake I have ever ever ever eaten!!!!! But still your kiddos and family will be so intrigued and excited by this wonder that they will never miss the sugar, butter and cream they usually expect from a cake!
- Kids love love love to decorate this one!!
- Super fast in a pinch! Again the no baking thing really helps with the speediness of this one.
- You can make it any shape you want. Double or triple layer – no problem!!
- It is sooooooooo delicious for breakfast the next day……it lasts in the fridge really well!
Okay do I have you convinced? Are you ready to check out this too good to be true delicious delight?
Delicious Delightful Watermelon Cake!!!
1 large seedless watermelon
2-4 cans coconut cream -keep in fridge overnight before using (depends on how big your cake is)
optional – vanilla for the coconut cream, 1 Tbls sugar if you want the icing a tad bit sweet but if your watermelon is nice you won’t need it
more optional- decorations!! fresh fruit of any kind or nuts to decorate
Carve your watermelon to the shape you desire (we have done traditional round cake with and without layers and this year Liesl wanted it to be hill shaped) Pat your finished carving down with paper towels before putting cream on. Tip – the cream will stick better if you pat it down and even better if you cool the cake carving off in the fridge.
put your coconut cream, this can be true coconut cream from the can like I have in the photo or just skim the coconut cream off the top of a full fat can of coconut milk that has been refrigerated overnight to firm up the coconut cream. Whip up the coconut cream, add 1 tbls sugar and or 1 tsp vanilla if you want while you whip it up. It will not get as fluffy as whipped cream but it will get nice and spreadable
Spread it on and decorate to your hearts desire!! Store in the fridge till it is time to eat!!
We really can’t get enough of this and the Coconut Cream is essential! I am not sure that whipping cream would stay put the way the CC does.
Enjoy and tell me what you think!!!!